Sunday, February 26, 2012

Your vote!

World's silliest 10 old, or world's most feckless father?
So the setup is this: lower 50's outside in the mid to latter part of February, and the kids are clambering to go swimming. They complain: "But it's so hot, daddy!" I can't convince them otherwise, so I think "why not?" Even I get tired of always being the bad guy. The girls are old enough to clean themselves up after jumping into the pond, and their mother isn't here to speak reason, so, "Sure!" The only stipulation was that I had to be there with my camera, ready for the facial expressions.
Credit to my eldest, she did it whole-hog! Didn't even stick her toe in the water first, just jumped right in. -Didn't take her very long to get back out, either! So then the other girl decided it maybe wasn't the greatest idea ever after all...
Maybe next time they will ask me my advice instead of my permission- hehe! I love it that my kids are getting old enough that they can be responsible for their own actions!
So what do you think; Is my blog aptly named, or what?!

4 comments:

Roy said...

Oh... I don't know Dan~ she may be like the boy on a field trip with his class visiting the blacksmith. The boy wouldn't admit the horseshoe he picked up (that the blacksmith was JUST working) on was hot... it just didn't take him long to look at it. Either your eldest now knows when is a good time to go swimming, or she's going to be one of those folks who celebrate New Years Day by taking a dip in the nearest lake.

Unknown said...

Pretty Funny! I don't see a problem with it.

JPN said...

That, Sir, is what I call good parenting!

Unknown said...

worth it. but your uploaded pictures are so small it's hard to see "the look on her face"