Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 In Pictorial Review

I was looking at some of my pictures online and thought I would make a little "scrapbook" of photos that defined 2012.

2012 was largely defined by us getting a "danged dog", Coco, about St. Patrick's day.

We didn't have much of a garden this year, due to deciding to build a loft apartment instead.  We just had tomatoes and cucumbers.  This color wheel (strip) is a result of Wifey going out and picking them right before First Frost.


At our nearly yearly Co Springs trip.  The kids first trip up Pike's Peak.

Balloon festival, stuffing their faces with doughnuts...


More danged dog pictures

 The summer (and spring) of 2012 was also largely defined by the preparation and execution of a large Haven area festivity, marking a momentous occasion, which we had planned on since February.  This included the slaughter of two small hogs and (one in a trial run, the other in actual occasion) and much help..  This was some of the hardest, hottest work of the summer, but the most fun.







 Another danged dog moment, with weird looking youngest; I have no idea what is going on with this photo..

"I'm Ready for church, Momma!"  I don't know if you can tell in this picture, or not; but not only are the shoes on the wrong feet, but the buttons don't quite line up right, either... An "A" for effort, though.

 More Danged Dog moments:

Pirate! complete with hairy chest and front like daddy!


And, of course, I can't leave out our trip to China!  How do I summarize that with a few pics; I can't, but if you have too much time and not enough reading material, you can start reading here.






October 

He got a better pirate costume for his birthday.



Bad Hair Day.

The boys got sport coats (only one shown here) and loved to play Mafia Gangsters, I guess.  They always walked around with their guns inside there jackets.

Christmas Girls with Christmas curls!  In new pajamas that their Gran makes them every year for Christmas. One of our very favorite neighbors put their hair up in rag curls on Christmas Eve.



The deer head. See earlier blog.  Wifey and I haven't REALLY decided on its final resting place...


One of the most satisfying things of 2012 was completion of some things in my shop.  I now have a nice little insulated shop with running water, and... 
a completed loft apartment above it; finally done!!  Yay!  I started that project in May and have been diligently working on it.  Feels so good to be done; now to catch up on everything else I've neglected in the meantime.  Other projects, firewood, Wifey's mini kitchen remodel, and projects I've been wanting to do for neigbors, etc.  To see more pictures of the process, see earlier blog.


That's all the interesting photos I had on my phone, anyway... happy new year!!!

No comments: