Sunday, January 20, 2013

firing the forge

So after last weekends project (see last post) with the pot rack, Herself pointed out that we had a few pots that didn't "hook-up" with any hangers on it.  It was a really  pleasant Saturday morning yesterday, so I decided to fire up the old forge and just make some.  Please understand, I have no misconceptions of having any skill or acumen by thinking that I am a blacksmith or anything like that; I am just fascinated by forges and anvils.  Anyway, of course the kids are all geeked about firing it up and they drag Uncle Jonathon out of bed to see what happening and he gets pretty interested in whats going on, as well.






Finished product:


Currently in service:



Then I spent the rest of the day hanging light fixtures in the shop.  I'm still pretty weak from being sick earlier last week, and those trips up the ladder wore me completely out. I was falling asleep on the floor around 8:15, and we even had company over. They were gracious and took the hint...

No comments: