Saturday, February 14, 2015

Catching up





Typically, when I haven't posted for a while, it's not because I haven't been doing anything; it's because I've been busy enough that I haven't been able to write anything.  I think that has been the case here these last few months.  Here is something of a pictorial review of some the activities of 2015 thus far:
Butchered another hog.
Stuffed 100 pounds of rope sausage, including Kielbasa, pepperoni, and German sausage. 

Processing bacon.




Smoked bacon.

I've done a lot of cooking, actually.  Here are three Pork tenderloins that turned out great.


Made a rabbit pie, the hard way.  (shooting the rabbit and making the crust yourself, with your own lard you rendered)
And Yes, I made the Pie, and the crust myself, NOT my wife.

Rabbit pie ingredients (minus the radishes) 

I purchased 4 new sheep.  These are called "Dorpers".  They are a hair sheep, and are a heavy framed meat sheep, specifically bred for meat production.  (As they should be, at my house)  Don't they just look yummy?

Diligently worked on growing facial hair that stuck out further than my nose.

Built most of a milking stanchion.

Grew still more facial hair...

Tore the roof and all the siding off of my house, and replaced all the windows.



Herself and I went to the Pacific side of Mexico; Puerto Vallarta, to celebrate 15 years of marriage.
Selfie in Mexico
On the Pacific ocean boardwalk.

Herself, in Mexico...

Started a Donkey farm. (not really; they are just "Loaner-Donkeys.")


Nearly got my Grandad's '49 KB-5 IH truck restored.

Had new baby twin lambs!!! Yay! Just 2 days ago.



Not pictured here are two more heifers that I bought... maybe pictures later.  Did I mention that Herself thinks I'm a little "over the top" on some of my hobbies?



No comments: