Monday, December 1, 2008

Some of you have commented that I've been posting less frequently lately and wondered what i've been up to. I have been pretty busy with the usual stuff, but I will show you with some pictures below of my project I was able to work on with the long weekend. I utilized my extra time this weekend to plumb in my pipe system that I had installed in the concrete basement floor when we built the house, using a boiler system to heat the water pumping throught the pipes in the basement floor.
To do this, I just use the wood/coal burning furnace that I already use (to heat the house) to heat the "boiler" water, so I am not using any extra energy to heat the basement floor, just the extra electricity required to run the pump. If you look closely, I have labeled some things in the pictures. All I need now is a pump that works regularly.



No comments: