Thursday, August 7, 2008

Used Car Salesmen

Just when I thought that I was scraping the bottom of the barrel talking about safety moniters, I had a recent run in with a used car salesman (from here on, I will refer to them as U.C.S.). While it seems cliche to talk trash on how smug and sleazy UCS's are, doesn't it seem more cliche to be a UCS that is really smug and sleazy? It isnt at all that I think that the job itself is a bad one, and could see if one were really a "car guy" that it would be a fun job. I got stuck in one of our big dealerships with a guy that obviously thought he was holding all the cards.

I made him an offer, and he told me that the "way we do it is you sign a bunch of papers to show us you're interested and committed and then we negotiate". Of all the cheeky morons! I asked him if he was serious, that I showed that I was commited, then I asked him to lower the price? He gave a big UCS smile, leaned his chair back with his hands over his head and stated "That is just how it is done anymore". It made me so mad that he didn't even feel obligated to try to not appear like a sleaze-ball, that I didn't even feel the same obligation that I felt toword the gentleman in Wal-mart mentioned in a much earlier post. I just told him "you can keep it, thank you so much" and left.

No comments: