Sunday, January 15, 2012

On our mis-named child...

So it seems, in retrospect, we should have named our youngest child Harold, as he is our little Herald. As I have mentioned in the past, he is quite the social fella, and so he always feels the need to bring everybody up to date with what going on with everybody else.
A few examples: if I am downstairs, he yells down from the top of the stairs, so that I can hear every time somebody scores on the Wii, he announces on the way to the bathroom that he needs to poop, then sometimes we get a short run-down on results of said poop. He announces how much he does or doesn't care for supper, and one thing he always announces when he walks out of his bedroom every morning is: "I'm STARVING!!!"
The others often use him as an ambassador or liaison between adults and children, which suits him fine,because it gives him something else to announce.  Mostly, though, I think he loves the stuff that is good for shock value.  He loves it when something is really good news, really bad news, or if somebody gets in trouble.
Sounds like a Herald to me... 

No comments: