Sunday, January 15, 2012

F-150

Here is a project that I just about have finished up. My first rebuilder truck! I bought this 2010 F150 for a song because it had been totaled out in a front end collision. It had never been titled, so it only had 160 miles on it.  It came from Hollywood, California, where there is a very shame-faced new car salesman that drove it into a tree, I'm guessing. Come to find out, it was only worth a song because it had substantial frame damage, so I had to find a new frame. Ordinarily not a big deal, but apparently there were only 2 years that used this frame and being relatively new, people are reluctant to let you use theirs, unless theirs is wrecked as well...  I began seeing potential "wrecks" driving around.  We would see a nice new 4x4 F150, and I would say: "Wow, look at that one, wouldn't it look sweet in a rear end collision!"



Actually, its a lot more together than this right now, this was taken the middle of the week last week; I'm hoping to be driving it later this week.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

So are you doing the work yourself or is this a Phillip project?

Daniel Foster said...

Yes, he is doing most of the tough stuff. I am very involved, and have spent much time mostly tearing it apart. Didn't think I needed to specify that I wasn't doing the body work. You know me better that... I know nothing about the actual doing of it. I'm a good part finder, though!
And he prefers "Phil", nowadays.

Unknown said...

Well you never know....you have surprised me before....just taking it apart is pretty good. PHIL or no PHIL it is still an impressive project.