Saturday, March 20, 2010

1st day of spring, 2010

So here is what the first day of spring, 2010 looks like out our back door:


All that snow, plus the 30 mph wind inspired me to finish up a few details of inside projects that I've been putting off for a while, which also inspired me to take a couple pictures in order to show the (pretty much) completed project discussed in a previous post. While I would ordinarily balk at working down in the basement on the first day of spring, when I've got potatoes and stuff to be planted, today it just seemed like a good idea!





This round little "reading nook" was a fun project; notice the round, custom-made seat cushion Wife made for it.





3 comments:

Laurel said...

It looks fabulous, Dan! You and Brynn are a great team.

Unknown said...

I agree with Laurel. It is cozy and inviting. Looking forward to seeing it next year. Mim

luaphacim said...

Love it! It almost makes me wish my "projects" ever turned out as something to be admired rather than something to be mocked and/or feared.