Tuesday, May 31, 2016

RV Vacation of 2016: Third leg, Eastern CA

So in addressing California, I really struggled with my approach to it.  I have such mixed feelings; I want to like it, there is just so much to not like about it.  The  politics, the arrogant attitude of the inhabitants, all the people, etc.  But in the end, I feel that I came away with a better view of California and Californians in general, and while I wouldn't want to live there, I guess I kind of get it now.  A little.  A very little, but a little.  It is magnificent in so many ways, and so stark in so many others.  Anyway, we went from the Grand Canyon to Sequoia National Park.  Talk about an eye-opener!  Everybody needs to see one of these up close.







General Sherman is said to be the largest (by mass) living thing in creation.  While it is the largest, it is not the tallest, nor the oldest.  It was still alive while Christ walked the earth, though.  Pretty impressive, I'd say!
From there we went to Yosemite National Park. YNP was great, it was awesome, but it was kind of spoiled by all the people there; it was really crowded, at least by my thinking, even though I realized that was nothing compared to their REALLY busy season.  But it was very impressive!
This was just through the big tunnel; the iconic view: the large formation to the left is El Capitan, the "broken beak" looking one behind the round one in the middle is Half Dome, and the falls are called Yosemite Falls. 

Upper Yosemite Falls.

Lower Yosemite Falls

The kids loved rock-climbing.  Here, I show them how an experienced "Rock-Sitter" makes it happen... 
That pretty much wraps up our Eastern California portion of our trip.

No comments: