Monday, April 21, 2014

Beans, beans, and more beans...

Those of you who know me best, know that not all of my decisions are 100% reasoned out.  But when I'm being generous to myself, I refer to myself as "Impulsive". I was perusing the aisles of Sam's Club the other day, and saw a 40 pound bag of beans.  "Hey," I says to myself, "I could can those, and they would last forever!"  What I should have said to myself would have sounded a lot more like: "Keep walking, Jack, you've got enough projects!", but alas, in the cart the beans went.

Anyway, this is what 40 pounds of beans canned looks like: (Who knew? They SWELL!)




At final count, there were about 120 pints, and I think 21 quarts of beans.  I had been planning building fence all weekend, and still did get a lot done, but I just squeezed it in between trips to the shed to check the canner.  I also had some good and cheerful helpers, though!  Couldn't have got it all done without my kiddos...

4 comments:

Tonya said...

and brynn will bless your name when she is able to pull a jar of beans off the shelf to make a quick pot of chili!!! canning your own beans is such an awesome time and money saver in my opinion, having done this before!

Daniel Foster said...

We will see how much she blesses my name after feeding me a healthy diet of the musical fruit...

Tonya said...

baahahahaha! oh, how i do miss you! :)

Tonya said...

bahahhaha! oh, how i do miss you! :)