Tuesday, November 8, 2011

business part of KC trip '11


Monday we were packed up and out of the Hotel before 7:00. Herself made the comment that I was "out of Slow mode, and into Go mode." Good thing, too; I was to pick up my trailer at a place called Holt's Summit, which turned out to be what would be about 3 hours the other side of KC to most drivers. Let's just say that I have mutant powers of shaving off time from traveling. 'nouf said. It was further than expected, but still quite worth going to go get.
We picked up the trailer and made good time doing it. We made it home through some very intense rain which obviously had started just the other side of Reno county, although we are very grateful for the .5" that we got. I'm sure that just north of Wichita they got several inches, just looking at the fields swimming in water. Yes, I'm jealous...
We had one very close call on the interstate highway where some dude went sideways and crashed into another car in front of us and we almost couldn't get it shut down in time, but we had good rubber and good brakes, and God was gracious to us.
So good to be home! One of the best things of the whole trip was that we found out when we got most of the way back home was that our eldest had thrown up 5 times that night before, and the youngest once!

How sweet was that? Nice timing, Huh? Way to go, kids; do that stuff when you are at Gran's house!!! I'm typing this Tuesday morning, after a nice full night's (for me, anyway) peaceful sleep. Thanks to everybody that made this fun trip possible; all you Sitters of Kids!
I'm just throwing in this pic because Herself loves these tile steps for some reason; they do look cool when you look up at them, there are about a hundred of them probably.

No comments: