Monday, March 2, 2009

The abstract concept of time

Its hard to imagine that Isaiah's fat four year old head could actually get stuck in between the front door and the storm door, but apparently it happened. After walking through the blistering cold all the way to Gran and Grampa's house, only to find that they weren't there, he turned around and came home. I am unsure of all the details, because I was working downstairs in the basement and therefore oblivious to all that happened upstairs. The first I heard of it was after Gracie went upstairs for something, then came back downstairs and told me that when she went upstairs, she could hear Isaiah knocking and yelling. She freed him and he was most grateful, telling her that the wind blew the storm door shut before he got the front door open.
The funny part, though, was when he came downstairs - (he was quite unaffected, if still a little blue from the cold) I asked him if he was there for very long. His response: "I didn't really look at the clock; I cant tell time anyway."

No comments: